Homemade Produce Wash
I’ve been using this recipe for our produce wash for so many years now. I’ll make a big batch (to be honest the hubby makes it most times), and that lasts us for several months. We spray certain fruits and veggies, see my guide on how we wash produce in our home. I feel better knowing that I gave it one extra try to remove as many toxins and chemicals as possible. We try to buy organic as much as possible, with the added help of my guide to decoding your produce. But on those items that are not necessary to purchase organic (see my list here), we rely on this to help keep us healthy and clear of toxins.
DIY Vegetable Spray
I have heard of other methods to cleaning your vegetables and fruit that have you soaking your produce in a bath of grapfruit seed extract and warm water. So in a pinch you can also make that. This is the Grapefruit Seed Extract that we use and it lasts for years and year because it is so concentrated and you really only need a few drops. What I like about the spray is the combination of the grapefruit seed extract, vinegar and baking soda.
Recipe Share + Comment
When you share this recipe be sure to tag, mention, give a shout out to TasteofGood
Also, don't forget to let me know how you liked this recipe! Scroll down to the comment section and tell me all about it. I love hearing feedback from my peeps so I can feel the love, make some tweaks, or help out.
Produce Wash RecipePrint Recipe
Tried this Recipe? How did you like it? Share your rating by clicking on the stars
You'll see the stars fill as you move your mouse over them. Want to share more? Drop me a hello and your thoughts below the recipe.
- 1 large Spray bottle
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- About 15 Drops Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Grab yourself a large container (bowl, bottle, pitcher) and combine the water and baking soda in it. This container should be larger than your final spray bottle (due to the fizzing up of the mixture)
- Slowly add the vinegar. Take your time, as it will create some serious bubbles and it will grow in size.
- Once the bubbles have calmed down, add in the Grapefruit seed extract and give it a good stir to make sure everything mixed together well.
- Transfer to a large spray bottle and you'll be ready to wash your fruits and vegetables.
How to use it:
- Add your fruits or vegetables to a colander
- Spray until they are nice and wet
- Let sit for about 15 minutes (or longer)
- Rinse well under cool running water
- Then let sit in the colander to air dry (if not using right away).