Effective Date: February 2016
Recent Update: May 2018
1. How We Collect and Use Information
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). This Site only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our free newsletters or have purchased one of our products. This Site collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration to receive our free newsletters and name, postal address, and credit card information when purchasing our products. We collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with the Site. All of this information is provided to us by you. You can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Collecting non-personally identifying information allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you, to measure traffic on the Site, and to better understand how our visitors use our Site. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users.
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
2. How Do We Store Your Information?
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on the Site, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
3. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do not condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
4. Social Media & Marketing
We use Mailchimp as our email Mailing list provider. This only affects visitors who have signed up for the “VIP Mailing List” on TasteofGood.com. Please refer to these links to read more information on MailChimp and MailChimp’s Legal Policies
Although it is highly unlikely, this policy may be changed at any time at our discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Website.