Making this Recipe? Don't forget to snap a beauty shot, share it on Instagram and tag/mention @taste.of.good
Almond Flour Scones and Nut Flour Baking
Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast on the go solution or a late afternoon tea companion…these gluten-free scones are your buddy! I really wanted to create something that would be light, airy fluffy, and also bright and slightly sweet. I love these light & delicate paleo scones! They have such a beautiful almond, lemon and vanilla aroma! I have several variations on these nut flour scones. I call these my “little miss sunshine” scones. They beam with light and brightness. Biting into one is like eating a comforting and yet refreshing glass of lemonade with delicate hints of almond and vanilla in the background.
I am all about baking with nut flours and minimal (totally raw and natural) sweeteners. Be sure to use REAL maple syrup, (you wouldn’t believe how many fakers are out there!) Turn that bottle around and read the ingredient list on the back to be sure there’s nothing but pure maple syrup in there. Hopefully, you can find a reasonable organic option too. Even with natural sweeteners like maple, honey or coconut sugar I still like to keep it to a low sweetness level. Yes, even real sweets aren’t good in large quantities. That way my treats don’t get too out of hand. But I can still enjoy a little indulgence here and there…life’s supposed to have SOME sweetness right?
Want more Gluten Free Scones?
Are you loving these scones but want to try a new flavor profile? I also have a recipe for Hazelnut Chocolate Scones (aka My Healthy Nutella Scones) If you’re craving more Paleo friendly, gluten free scones send me a message and let me know so I can get right on that.
Recipe Share + Comment
When you share this recipe be sure to tag, mention, give a shout out to TasteofGood
Also, don't forget to let me know how you liked this recipe! Scroll down to the comment section and tell me all about it. I love hearing feedback from my peeps so I can feel the love, make some tweaks, or help out.
Almond Flour, Lemon, Vanilla Scones - Paleo & Gluten FreePrint Recipe
Tried this Recipe? How did you like it? Share your rating by clicking on the stars
You'll see the stars fill as you move your mouse over them. Want to share more? Drop me a hello and your thoughts below the recipe.
- 12 oz Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Healthy Oil, Avocado, Coconut (melt first), Macadamia nut or Grapeseed Oil all work great.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon Zest Loosely packed finely + grated (Increase or decrease depending on desired lemony-ness), This amount of zest is from about 2-3 lemons
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 300 Degrees Fahrenheit, and be sure you position your oven rack in the middle height slot.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine the Almond flour, the salt, and the baking soda. Give it a good stir to make sure all the dry ingredients are well distributed.
- In a separate bowl crack your eggs and whisk them slightly.
- To the egg bowl add the maple syrup, Oil of your choice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Stir it all together to marry the ingredients a bit and make sure the zest is evenly distributed.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients in your big mixing bowl and mix well until it is a well combined dough.
- Grab your baking sheet and a 1/4 cup measuring cup and drop the batter in 1/4 cup size on the baking sheet. Be sure to leave just a little room for them to grow.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven. They should be golden brown on top, and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let them cool down a bit on the baking sheet (about 15 minutes).